Leadership, Management and Strategic Development
- Consultancy/facilitation roles for law firms, chambers and large charitable projects in strategic review, planning and implementation processes.
- Director of training and development at Law South for 3 years (a consortia of 10 law firms with 2,200 personnel) – including delivering an accredited diploma level leadership programme for partners.
- Lead partner at Clarke & Son, a north Hampshire law firm for 5 years until 2000.
- Experienced leader and manager in both the Regular and Territorial Army (leading a highly regarded reserve army unit of 180 commando soldiers).
Know How, Risk and Practice Management
- Developing, supporting and implementing risk and compliance systems and delivering risk training workshops – Lexcel consultancy experience.
- Extensive research into the psychology of social and human capital and knowledge management within the Nottingham Law School MBA.
- Developing and implementing an integrated accounts and case management system for Clarke & Son together with one of the first integrated intranets.
Training, Coaching, Development and People Skills
- Delivering a spectrum of commercial, leadership, team and personal skills courses to law firms and chambers with high levels of buy-in and feedback.
- Excellent facilitation, team and individual coaching skills at all levels.
- A registered and approved Growth Accelerator coach – the government backed scheme to support ambitious businesses.
- Director of training and development for Law South – responsibility for developing and delivering all training from technical courses to leadership, management and personal skills.
- Introducing a performance management scheme and attaining IIP status for Clarke and Son.
Author – Andrew is a co-author of ‘Key skills for Professionals’ – published by Kogan Page in May 2003 – which supports aspiring professionals to understand and develop the skills needed to be a successful professional.
Directorships – Andrew is a non-executive director of the Royal Artillery Charitable Fund and a Board Member of the Royal Artillery Management Board.
Other interests – Andrew remains very active by being an assessor for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme expeditions, playing golf, cycling and gardening.